The 23rd



If you are reading then congratulations we made it to 2021.

The last decade has seen me confused, amused, searching for a better life, struggling to make ends meet, choosing work over education, doubting myself endlessly, but it’s also been rewarding. I’ve definitely learnt from my mistakes, from my relationships with people, I’ve become stronger. I still have a long way to go, and I’m still trying to love myself more and more each day.






























23 wasn’t what I would have liked to be looking back. I wasn't where I would have liked to be at.

If you know me you’ll probably remember me saying “ I plan to take the lessons I have learned from all the experiences that I had, I will focus on the present, I will make the best out of every situation, not letting anyone decide or prevent me from being happy and blah blah blah things.

Did I hold true to this?

No.

Well clearly I am not perfect.


With that being said, I want to leave you with 23 things that I either learned or was reminded of at 23 especially in 2020:

1. Let your faith be stronger than your fear.

2. Start somewhere.

3. Be bold.

4. Be kind.

5. Support yourself!

6. Know your worth.

7. Good things are worth the wait!

8. It’s ok to not be ok!

9. We are constantly learning.

10. Value those whom God has placed in your life.

11. Speak your mind even if your voice shakes 

12. Follow your inner-being.

13. A bad day doesn't mean a bad life.

14. Be forgiving 

15. Self-reflection is important. 

16. Figure out the difference between what you like and what you are passionate about. 

17. Be thankful

18. There's a time for everything.

19. People heal at different rates.

20. Love is powerful.

21. There's power in your words.

22. Live in the moment. 

23. Don't settle.


Innocence

No comments:

Post a Comment