The Past 365 days

Please don’t stone me, I’m just a young child.


Heyya, it’s been a long time. I toyed with the idea of returning to the blog a number of times. I just didn’t know what to write about. Well life threw a wrench my way and I decided it’s the universe whispering in my ear to write, so here I am.


I did not intend to take such a long break from this, in fact, I didn’t intend to take any breaks at all from this,

but
Things picked up really quickly at the end of August last year, so I decided to prioritize other aspects of my life.


In the realm of life's grand adventures, there comes a moment when the path less traveled beckons us to take a leap into the unknown. For me, that moment arrived when I made the life-altering decision to move to a foreign land all by myself. Leaving behind my comfort because Little Shreya wanted to become 'Jhansi ki Rani' and wanted to do it all.

I’m not complaining anyway, I’m actually I’m pretty proud of myself (could you tell?)


I won’t lie, in the beginning, this Jhansi ki Rani had massive anxiety, as well as a truckload of imposter syndrome; I felt like I wasn’t suited to this weight of responsibility. It felt too much too soon, and that took a toll on my mental health, but (maine kuch to acche kaam kie hi hai that) I have incredibly supportive friends who were constantly cheering for me from Saat Samundar Paar.


One thing I learned from this is it’s okay to be lost at the beginning. You’ll be surprised how far persistence, a good solid cry, and a new country will do to you.

Moving abroad alone (please emphasize on ALONE, as I was always with people helping me out with everything quite literally everything) has been one of the most adventurous things I’ve ever done in my life and I won’t change a single thing that has happened so far. Today I’ve completed 365 days in Kuwait, and trust me when I say this, the last 365 days have been the most rewarding, emotionally draining days of my life.
Who would have thought that Jhalli Shreya would leave everything and go on her own. It was all destined I think, I’ve always manifested this (except few parts of course)
I still remember the day of my flight, my home became the hub of countless stories and memories, my mom constantly getting teary and my dad trying very hard to control his tears, at that moment I felt the gravity of my decision. It was the moment of truth, the moment where I chose courage and resilience over fear and self-doubt.


Anyways, I landed in the heart of the Arabian desert, as I stepped out of the plane a cocktail of excitement, nervousness, and self-doubt flew through my veins. It felt like my life was arranged on a tray, and I threw everything up in the air, and now everything has landed weirdly, and now I have to start the process of balancing everything out again.

 


The language was different, the customs were foreign, and the faces were unfamiliar. Loneliness and homesickness bit my soul. There were days when I longed for the comfort of home, the ease of conversation in my language, and have chai and samosas. If you know me you know I love to talk, I love meeting new people, always eager to know about others and here I was not able to do any of it.


But with each passing day, I found solace in the challenge. I began to adapt, to learn, and to grow. I met incredible people from diverse cultures, each encounter enriching my understanding of the world and broadening my horizons.


As the months changed, so did I. Little Shreya who once felt lost in the crowd found her purpose. I became an observer, a dreamer, The lonely girl who stepped onto this foreign land has grown into a woman, stronger, more compassionate, and infinitely grateful for the experiences she had. I learned that one can bloom in isolation.


Slowly but surely, this foreign land started feeling like a second home. The once unfamiliar streets became mere ghar ka rasta, I’m still in search of my favorite Indian restaurant though, and the people my extended family. The adventure of living alone had transformed me into a stronger, more independent version of myself, I still self-doubt myself, and cry myself to sleep but in the end, it is all worth it just for my ‘Yaado ka pitara’. 


Conclusion: I am 100% an extrovert. I love being around people. I’m happiest when I’m surrounded by friends and family, so this has been a rollercoaster of highs and lows. 

I’m not going to lie, living alone is a huge adjustment, especially when you’re well SHREYA. It was really hard for the first few weeks and is still sometimes hard. Each step is a reminder that even in solitude, one can find the courage to write a story worth telling.


Innocence

4 comments:

  1. Amazing!! Ye toh Mann ki baat ho gayee😃😃😃.. Time flies, Congratulations on completing one year Shreya 🥳🥳🥳

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Congratulations on the 1 yr in Kuwait n the 1 yr of conquering being alone Jhansi ki Rani style.😊
    Nice write up n all the very best dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I opened, didn’t find my name and closed it but opened again and read the whole thing 😂 love you idiot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proud of you ❤️ Great blog 🙌🏼 Perfect blend of great writing and expression of true emotions ❤️

    ReplyDelete