278 Problems and Counting

Isn’t it so beautiful buying a handbag to match your outfit or shoes. I love the idea of it and it will definitely make your outfit look good. But do you really need to buy it?
You know, when I was a little girl (I still consider myself little though) there were two kinds of prices, real price and my Mom’s price, real price would make you look fashionably good and mom’s price would last forever(CoS style). I remember my mum buying me school shoes which lasted almost 3 years (that’s how middle class family shopping works).


Hi, my name is Shreya and I have a problem. Actually, I have 278 problems. If I count two kurtis I bought yesterday from Ajio and all the clothes that I have in Lucknow, I would probably break 300 counts.
I like clothes, love shoes and absolutely love buying handbags. I love the excitement of buying something new and the anticipation of wearing it (even though you will only see me wearing the same shirt for months). 
I overdo it. Every time I visit my hometown I make sure my mum buys something for me and one is just not enough. Although I don’t own any expensive things except one or two which I got as a gift.  I am basically a hoarder. No, actually I am a sucker who just loads her shopping cart. 
There is not a single online shopping website where I don’t have my account on and I had one purchase. 
Shopping addiction is real.
Despite the joy I got from shopping in the past, I have recently been on a journey which has left me ill with my shopping and fast fashion habit. It is really a journey and I would like to share.
It started as a means to kill boredom, every day after dinner I used to go on a long shopping spree, filling my cart and then not buying it (DUHH). Buying stuff helped me beat the boredom because you can’t exchange a guy after 15 days even if you are not satisfied. But you surely can exchange a pair of jeans with a sexy bralette.
Gradually I realised that I didn’t have any savings at all. My entire income (Chillar) was spent on buying stuff and paying rent.


There was one more reason as well, like any other girl I also dreamt of being able to shop for a living. I wanted to start a fashion/lifestyle blog a year ago. The desire of being a fashion blogger and having a blog is still on my wishlist. But the fear of starting a blog is bigger than the desire to start one. Isn’t it the case with everyone who wants to start something. Well a lot of negative thoughts lingered in my mind. I wondered where I would get the finances from, how would I get a photographer and makeup, I suck at makeup and because these two roles are crucial as it is what makes a blogger. And I wanted it to be a full time job, I knew there is a lot of struggle in the beginning and I might need to manage both my job and my passion but I think I didn’t get the courage to do it. I come from a middle class family, even though my parents are very supportive but I thought they might not support this, so I didn’t ask. They might have said yes I didn’t ask. (But that’s bullshit)


Despite the fear, a voice inside my head kept telling me to conquer my fears and do what your heart says. My gut always comes through, I must tell you and it still happens then I call my photographer friend and tell him lets do it yaar, let’s start a blog and that’s it full stop after that.

Ok back to the topic, Maybe I am not the role model to advise people not to shop much because I am one of those shopaholics who get pieces they don’t even remember having. But Kids it is important to save and also to follow your passion. I read it somewhere that ‘Money doesn’t buy Life’ and ‘Perfect timing is a myth’. There will always be an excuse for you to keep waiting for the perfect time in your life.  But you should start doing it now (You have heard this line may be a gazillion times and still not getting it, Please understand that we don’t dream of sitting in the office for 9 hrs). Don’t put off by living your dream tomorrow because we know nothing of tomorrow.


Okay so this blog is like Raita, just bear with me.


Innocence

11 comments:

  1. Nice miss blogger 😍
    Gud suggestion😋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relatable, although i have conquered this situation before.
    I can tell you at length but that's not imp, what imp is one should Learn that what's imp and what is not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But the fear of starting blog/"anything new" is bigger than the desire to start one.
    Damn... this line hit me hard..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely written, keep it up..🤩👌👌

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well written dii..keep it going😊🤗

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chillar ha😅😅😅😅

    ReplyDelete